Friday, November 21, 2008

Investor Relations and Public Relations

Just thought I would send a shout out to many of you who are investor relations and or public relations practioners. Stop emailing me with interview opportunities that will supposedly provide me with juicy tidbits for the blog. Many of you are border line tippers. A few of you need to talk to your corpoarate counsels.

I write to bite. This blog is consistent in its sketicism. If we had more skepticism a few years ago many would be a whole lot richer. My role is to point out out warts, anomolies and situations where more caveat emptor is called for.

CEO's you should monitor your PR and IR practioners a little bit more carefully as they reach out to the media and blogosphere. Some of you will be hoisted on your own petards. Fair warning given please resume wealth building activities.